Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Objective - Hollywood Projection

As Americans have "invaded" Ireland with McDonalds, I do believe they left a mark in Irish society. Noticeably Hollywood look have increased.

In streets: girls wearing short skirts, fake tan and high heals.
These images were shot on 15.09.2009
Underage disco took place in one of the Cork City Clubs. So I took my camera and went to the streets.
















AND THS IS HOLLYWOOD.

Blond, tanned, large breasts.

HOLLYWOOD


IRELAND (Cork)

A lot of irish teenagers go for Hollywood-type image. The one problem is.. irish are quite pale and tan looks really orange. In my opinion,a lighter make-up should be chosen.




Because most of the times it just looks like this...



In research for Irish stereotype, I asked my friend to take part.
Jane is from Kilkenny, she has dark hair and pale skin.

I used projector to display Hollywood stereotype on her face-body.
... we pretend to be someone else instead of true self ...

Images bellow show juxtaposing two individuals, the pure and Hollywood-type irish.

Reese Witherspoon


Reese Witherspoon


Paris Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment